Monday, February 20, 2012

Peppered Panther


I am taking a piano class this semester which is both fun and challenging. One of our recent assignments consisted of composing an art song for piano and solo voice based on the following poem:
The Panther
by Ogden Nash

The panther is like a leopard,
Except it hasn't been peppered.
Should you behold a panther crouch,
Prepare to say Ouch.
Better yet, if called by a panther,
Don't anther.

I think it's an adorable little poem, and I had a lot of fun with this assignment. It was a valuable experience composing a piece that was tailor made for my own voice range. I was so into it that I even wore my lonely leopard print dress for inspiration.

I say lonely because it literally is the only item of clothing that I own in animal print. I'm not usually a big fan of animal print, but when I found this dress on clearance in Honolulu's F21, I knew that I had to step out of my comfort zone and try it out. It is a big change for me, but I like it. Perhaps I'll be inspired to try other animal prints in the future.
  


  • Dress:
    I bought it in early December for $9, which means that it's no longer on F21's website. The non-plus sized version is here. However, this dress is very similar. 
  • Cardigan:
    I stock up on these Mossimo 3/4 sleeve cardigans every spring, but I only buy them when they are on super sale. I believe I paid $13 for this one last spring. It is time to retire it since the dryer has not been very kind to it.
  • Belt:
    I'm wearing this belt backwards with the clasp at my back with the cardigan hiding it. I like wearing the belt to tone down the leopard print explosion just a tad, but I didn't want the buckle of the belt to clash with my giant necklace. (I thank  Brad Goreski for this tip!)
  • Tights:
    I am dying to try tights from We Love Colors, but I can't justify spending $15 on something that I can get from Just My Size for half the price. Are tights from We Love Colors better quality?
  • Boots:
    I found these wide-calf gems at F21 in Honolulu and are no longer available online. However, you can usually find affordable extended-calf boots at Jessica London
  • Necklace:
    I love this giant necklace so much. I found it at F21 which is where I've been finding most of my necklaces lately.
  • Bangles:
    You all must be tired of my constant love for Dots Bangles. I can't help it! They're so sparkly! <3


Fat girls can jump. It's true.

What are some of your favorite animal prints? How do you wear them?

No comments :

Post a Comment