Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Burnt Orange, like a real Longhorn.

I am about to embark on the craziest, most stressful month of my entire life. I am in the process of completing my last ever semester at the University of Texas while also concurrently enrolled in Region XIII's teacher program to become a bilingual elementary school teacher.

What awaits me?
You might be wondering why I would torture myself with all of this stress. The answer to that is simple. I wanted to be hired once I graduated. I did not want to be one of the 50% of college graduates who who are jobless or underemployed. Thankfully, with Region XIII's help, I secured a contract with a local school district a few months ago. I am not sure where I will be working, but I am willing to work anywhere. I'm just really fortunate that I have a job lined up somewhere.

In a few short weeks, I will be graduating with a Bachelor's of Art in Music with a minor in Spanish and a concentration in Latin American music. I am excited, nervous, and a bit overwhelmed, but I am hoping that it will all work out.


During the next month I must:

  • Complete all of my final papers and assignments for my last semester of classes at the University of Texas.
  • Practice for and pass my final piano jury in order to graduate.
  • Survive my student teaching, which takes place DURING final exams at UT.
  • Prepare for interviews with prospective employers.
  • Complete course work for my teacher program.
  • Begin the process of packing for the Big Move, 'cause we bought our dream house!!!
Needless to say, this blog is not on that list of priorities.

Dress: Asos // Tights: WeLoveColors // Flats: Payless

Earrings: C/O InPink // Necklace: Forever 21

I'll return to blogging once this craziness settles.
I'll see you on the other side!

4 comments :

  1. I feel you on the craziness! I just finished my finals and I'm glad there over. Good luck and think you'll make it out fine. I love you dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your combination of the orange and the blue, it's beautiful! Good luck on finishing up school. That is one thing I regret sometimes, is dropping out of college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with everything and Congratulations on everything! It's so refreshing to see a talented blogger with straight priorities. Do what's important to further your life. We will all still be here when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, you look beautiful! Good luck with your finals and student teaching. Teaching is a profession which requires dedication and understanding, you are a perfect candidate. If you need any tips, I'm here. <3 Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete